[Solution] Guiding Community Health Nursing
- Be 100 words or more
- Use the stand English grammar and spelling
- References are cited (if necessary)
- APA Format
Transcultural Nursing in the Community
Community health clients belong to a variety of cultural groups. To gain acceptance, nurses must strive to introduce improved health practices that are presented in a manner consistent with clients’ cultural values. The student nurse is going to visit two different homes with the community health nurse with different cultural beliefs.
- In preparation for the student nurse’s visits to two different homes, what five transcultural principles will assist in guiding community health nursing practice in these settings?
2. During the first visit, the student nurse has to conduct a cultural assessment by questioning the patient and observing the family dynamics. The community health nurse has requested that the student nurse assess for appropriate information in six major areas. What six major areas should the student nurse consider?
3. After the conclusion of the first visit, the community health nurse cautions the student nurse to be consciously aware of any ethnocentrism attitudes toward other cultures and the importance of cultural diversity. What is ethnocentrism and why is it so important to be conscious of cultural diversity?