[Solution] Health Care System Component
Determine a work area in your organization and create a twelve-step project charter for your workflow redesign. This should be about a health care system component (Example of a system component could be the admission process into an emergency room) and frame the project in a quality-improvement modality by establishing a plan for improvement. List the twelve questions that must be answered.
A. Construct a PowerPoint® presentation of a workflow design for the same health care system component using appropriate Yourdon symbols and conventions.
B. Include these steps to create your workflow redesign:
1. identify process to be mapped;
2. identify and involve individuals who perform the tasks;
3. map the current state; assess current state workflow;
4. identify opportunities for improvement;
5. identify data to measure redesign outcomes;
6. map future “to be” process; test new workflows and processes;
7. train on new workflows and processes;
8. go live with the new workflows and processes;
9. and analyze data and refine workflows and processes